Healdsburg, CA: John G. and S.S. Howell, 1870. First edition. Single sheet, 24 x 36 inches, folded in half vertically to make 4 pages. Text in 8 columns on the page, content about equally stories of local interest, announcements and advertisements. "H. H. Bancroft & Co." written in pencil at upper margin of first page. Creased from folding, some short tears to ends at wear to folds, some small tape mends, overall in quite remarkably good condition. Item #23325
Scarce early Healsdsburg (Sonoma County) newspaper. The Russian River Flag was a weekly that began publication in Nov., 1868 and ceased May, 1887. The Russian River Flag Building stood at the corner of the Healdsburg Plaza.