Bordeaux: J. Sicart & Cie. (1954). Second edition, limited to 100 copies, this #64. Original printed card wrappers; 11 x 8.5 inches; 45 pp. Folding double-page appellation map printed in 2 colors with wine list on verso inserted. Laid in is a contemporary advertisement in French and English for Le Chapon Fin (single folded sheet, printed both sides, 5.25 x 8.5 inches), including a prospectus for this wine list on rear panel. Some darkening to wraps, else very good. Item #22506
Handsome wine list of the famed restaurant "Le Chapon Fin," at 5 Rue Montesque in Bordeaux since 1825. Beginning about 1900 with the arrival of Joseph Sicard "Le Chapon Fin" began its life as a destination spot for the chic and wealthy of France and the world, counting among its patrons Alphonse Mucha, Sarah Bernhardt, Toulouse-Lautrec, Alphonse XIII (the king of Spain) and Edward VII of England. In 1933 the restaurant was one of the first to receive Michelin's new 3 star rating. Joseph Sicard closed the restaurant in 1960, but it was re-opened by Francis Garcia in 1987 and is now run by Nicolas Frion.